Acquired a Raspberry Pi. Now what?

I will not go into lengths to explain what a Raspberry Pi is. If you are reading this, most likely you already know.

When it finally arrived, I prepared a SD card with OS image, connected the wires and booted it up. Cool, it works! But now what?

Here I probably should explain my background a little.

I've been everyday Linux user for years. Incidentally I also run Debian on my desktop, so Raspberry Pi running the same OS, albeit on different architecture does not offer too much to explore. Of course, I could choose a different Linux distro for RasPi, but there are only minor differences between them.

Also I pretty much know, how to write code. Programming has been my hobby and day-job for even longer. Obviously I need not to learn how to program.

But I'm also interested in custom OS development and microcontroller-based DIY electronics. And Raspberry Pi offers a pretty broad field to explore at this level. Yes, that was the reason I ordered one in the first place.

So, bare-metal programming it is. Also I guess I'll build some pieces of add-on hardware along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8-bit CPU: ALU and Flags

8-bit CPU: Clock module

8-bit CPU: Memory